Monday, May 13, 2013

Smoothies

Smoothie Fans Indulge Here
My favorite Saturdays are the ones which involve sleeping in, followed by a very long walk with my loves (my husband and our 2 dogs)  to one of our favorite little coffee shops. Lately my husband has gotten on this smoothie kick, and I must admit, I LOVE it! It reminds me of when I was growing up, sitting on the front porch with my grandpa as he laughed his deep belly laugh as I made up every excuse in the world as to why smoothies should be considered the next best thing to broccoli.


This Saturday, it was the Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie, that won our heart and stomachs over.



RECIPE:

1 Banana
6 Strawberries (give or take)
9 Ice Cubes (can also substitute for frozen greek yogurt)
1 Cup of Vanilla Soy Milk

**For those with a sweet tooth (my sweet husband) add a few drops of agave nectar

Enjoy!

J. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment